Question Bad Pedal Position Sensor

BigRedWeather

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled codes on my truck and got the following:

-FAILED P0122 A circut low input
-FAILED P0221 Pedal Position Sensor Performance

Ford says I need a new Pedal Position Sensor - the thing you put your right foot on and the stuff that is connected to it - $441 - dealer only part!

My truck has take a about twice as much cranking to start as it used to, but when I push on the pedal, it sends more fuel to the engine. I'm not incline to fix somethings that SEEMS to be working. Has anyone pulled these codes? Were your symptoms (or lack thereof) similar to mine? If so, did replacing the pedal assembly improve the performance?

Since this assembly rarely goes bad I am trying to find the 1" X 2" X 1/2" sensor off a junked truck. I have a truck located, but it is going to be some time before I can get to it.

Your comments would be appreciated.

BigRedWeather

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always try the Dorman 699-200 (94-97 sensor only) sensor before going the pedal assembly replacement route. Cheers!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st Ford Parts https://www.trademotion.com/partloc...e=10&model=F350 super duty pickup&catalogid=2
Throttle position sensor, f250 pick-up - 1999-07 super duty - 1999-07 SUPER DUTY 99-04 $68.56 $37.02

SD's run a diffferent TPS & IVS system than the OBS Trucks, but good suggestion none the less

if you're getting more fuel to the engine when you hit the throttle it is likely that there are problems with the sensor and it is not giving the voltage steps as expected so the computer is compensating for a poor signal but still allowing it to work for the time being. Try the replacement sensor that Patrick listed above. Also make sure that your IVS is actually functioning this is a secondary on-off switch that tells the PCM that that it should ignore any signal from the TPS but maintain programmed idle speed. (this is one of the items used by the Ford AIC As a safety mechanism.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14