balancing tires on F350

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stock steel wheels on my 350 dually. They seem hard to balance. A couple tire shops said they need a special adapter to get the wheel to center properly. They tell me to go to Ford. I called Ford and they say they do have the special adapter. Another Ford dealer said they are waiting on the part.

What the heck? Anyone know about this?

I need to rebalance my tires. Hat to go to dealer for that, but seems I have to.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe you can't get your tires balanced in Slidell, LA. Man I live in a small town and every tire shop I have been to can balance my tires. There are a bunch of tire shops near you, get the phone book or Google Tires shops in Slidell, and start calling them.
Good Luck
Doug

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. PITA. But the dealer did the job correctly. I still cannot believe the shops around here don't have the correct parts.

The local shop balanced my tires and insisted they came out perfectly balanced, but they were even worse than before.

Brought to Ford and now there is no vibrations. They told me they checked the balance with the weights the previous shop used and the tires were worse than when they took the weights off!!

I have the factory stock steel dually wheels on my F350

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard a trick once that may or may not help with your problems.

Use two tapered lugnuts to center the wheel on the hub then install the remaining six lug nuts. Once those are tight, you can remove the tapered lugnuts and install the two remaining factory lugnuts.

This, of course, is only to center the wheels.

I heard a handful of BB's inside the tire will balance it. I've never tried it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58