Best Fuel Mileage ever!

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a quick trip to Wyoming for the 4th....

I averaged 16.14 mpg .... My best tank was when I fueled in Evanston and drove to Riverton... then drove around Riverton & Lander... I even went fishing out by Sweetwater Junction. 634 miles / 39.01 gallons :thumbs :thumbs

The only thing I have done different to my truck is the 203° stat... That is all I can attribute the better fuel mileage to.

Last year I went up and averaged 14.79

For some guys this may not seem that good, but I have a lifted truck with 37" tires, and an automatic transmission.

My truck ran excellent up there. I had to turn my chip down a setting because of all the smoke it created and because of the higher EGT's... When passing a truck up on Southpass I hit 1500° + for an instant and I let off the pedal. I didn't realize that it would cause the temps to be that much higher. I have never came near those temps empty and could only reach them here if I were pulling a trailer, and pushing it really hard.

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bones,

I was hoping to meet up with several people while I was up there...

A guy that goes by Whitmore on OB.net lives in Shoshoni... and 95 stroker lives in Casper...

Both of them were out of town also...

Maybe next time.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
musta been a good weekend for mpg's then !!!
my trip from dfw to Memphis and back did well too...

about 19 on the way up there and 20 on the way back according to the lie-o-meter...
it proably is a gallon or so optimistic, but for a loaded 03 6.0L X @ SPEED - that's not bad !!!

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
back in April I spun the cam bearing out and they got my crank to at 144.0111 miles I was getting 18mpg on a good day had a new short block installed ( $ 8000.00) now I'm getting 20 to 23 cruse set at 75 to 85 sometimes more

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thursday, I took my mother back to Louisiana, left here with about 85 miles on the tank, filled up about 30 miles from her house on my way back, got 20.75 mpg. That's about the best the 02 PSD has done, so far. It's got almost 84,000 miles on it. 8/2/05: Actually, I probably did better than the 20.75 because I left home with almost 100 miles of local driving on the tank, so my best "guess" is that it probably hit 21. Of course, nothing is better than dividing the actual numbers.

Last edited:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But that doesn't count....
everybody knows you're going downhill to Losing-Annie...
after all, ya hafta get to sea level somehow :D

What part of the state she live in?

My mother's in Baton Rouge and I am in BIG trouble for not making a trip there in a while :eek:

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
I average between 17-19 unloaded. 11-14 loaded. :sweet

UPDATE! :eek:

I went to Wilmington, Delaware this past weekend unloaded and I got 20.3! :thumbs I am amazed! :D

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
But that doesn't count....
everybody knows you're going downhill to Losing-Annie...
after all, ya hafta get to sea level somehow :D

What part of the state she live in?

My mother's in Baton Rouge and I am in BIG trouble for not making a trip there in a while :eek:
She's up in Winn Parish, northeast of Winnfield, way back in the sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58