Bicycle rack

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is getting closer to our departure for our trip and we had a 2" receiver welded to the frame of our 5th wheel. We are now looking for a bike rack that will hold two bikes, that will fit the 2" receiver. Anyone have a good place to buy one? Any preference to the brand? One ladies bike and one mans bike.

Thanks

Maxtor

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
did your try camping world? they have a pretty wide range
and a few local bike shops might help to

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I made my own bike rake.
Its fully adjustable, fits any size bike with only the tires touching the rack. It is low enough that I put it on the truck 2" hitch and tow my car behind the trailer. Its typical to the Camping World unit but much larger and dependable. I used 1.5 x 1/8 tubing and 1/2" bars that holds the wheels and I secure the bikes with 1 Bungey on each wheel. Been using this rack for 10 years.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is getting closer to our departure for our trip and we had a 2" receiver welded to the frame of our 5th wheel. We are now looking for a bike rack that will hold two bikes, that will fit the 2" receiver. Anyone have a good place to buy one? Any preference to the brand? One ladies bike and one mans bike.

Thanks

Maxtor

Hi Max,

In the 08 Camping World Cat., Page 44, or On-line.. Item # 38116 is a good one, JMO. A couple RV friends have that rack and are real happy with it. Sturdy when loaded. Good quality material. Little, if any horizontal/vertical movement at speed.

I had one. Used parts & pieces of it to Fab my Frame mounted variation..:)

Joe

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
There are some bike racks that are covertable from a 1 1/4" class II reciever to a 2" class III/IV reciever. It has a plastic adapter/bushing that changes the 1 1/4" reciever shank to a 2" that'll fit the larger recievers.
View attachment 8011

STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THAT STYLE BIKE RACK AT ALL COSTS!!!

While it sounds good in concept, in reality the plastic spacer/bushings wear and the side to side slop increases to alarming amounts.

I don't recommend to any of my customers anything other than a 2" steel shank bike rack. Sometimes I'll even suggest a "slop" adjuster that allows you to tighten a bolt to remove any remaining sideplay.

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses...You have given me some good leads to check out. I will be making some phone calls tomorrow. I could just buy one locally, but wanted to get your opinions on what you have seen, used, or heard about.

Thanks again
Maxtor

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after calling all the above vendors and a few others, I found one at Bicycle Buys | BicycleBuys.com | Online Bike Shop | Bicycles | Bike Parts | Frames | Pedals that has an extension that clears the spare tire. The number is an Allen 640rr. Shipping and tax are free. Along with it, we bought the cable lock, and adapter for the wife's bike all for $181.97 which is below the lowest prices I found locally which was $250 just for the rack. It is for the two inch receivers, so it will work fine for me.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14