Big Brother and GPS radio/nav systems

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Do you think its possible that the government can track our trucks that are equipped with gps and nav systems?
my nav keeps record of breadcrumbs ad these can be removed....
but combined with the cell phone that talks to the truck, gps and who knows what else.

if so
how could one protect his/her movements so the trucks doesn't tell on him/her
pull a fuse?
i started thinking about this after i read an article in a science book???

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have no doubt that they could track you if they wanted to but I bet they have more pressing matters to tend to.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One can never be to careful, you know how you Retired Navy,Yes a VETERAN, so does that make me a "Right Wing Extremist Potential Terrorist Threat."

Doug

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i was thinking about after the fact
say you where in a place you might not want big b to know about
a NRA meeting etc :stir:stir
tea party event
post office

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that they could track you if they wanted to but I bet they have more pressing matters to tend to.

Ditto.

If On-Star and Lo-Jack can do it (supposedly only if you push the button.. or it gets triggered) Big Brother could do it... If they wanted to.

Seems On-Star helped the Police catch some Perp, here not long ago ?

Related ? I read something about, Use Data Logs (Tattel Tales). like the trucking industry uses.. in the private consumers near future, for Warranty claim purposes too.

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Ditto.

If On-Star and Lo-Jack can do it (supposedly only if you push the button.. or it gets triggered) Big Brother could do it... If they wanted to.

Seems On-Star helped the Police catch some Perp, here not long ago ?

Related ? I read something about, Use Data Logs (Tattel Tales). like the trucking industry uses.. in the private consumers near future, for Warranty claim purposes too.

Joe

on ours the 911 assist will activate if you wreck or the fuel pump shuts off based on some predetermined set of event triggers, air bags etc
the truck through sync will wait ten seconds then make a call if your cell phone is connected via bluetooth to the dash unit

and if you press the info hard button...it gives real time gps coordinates
so it would be conceivable at a later date the puter could be accessed to show the trucks location....

and i also imagine if its stolen the leo folks could find its location through fords sync stuff????

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think these days that if you are using a device that has location abilities like a GPS/Phone/OnStar etc. that someone, somewhere is storing that info. Data storage is so easy and cheap these days. Just like everything you do online- it's stored; cheaply and easily.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think these days that if you are using a device that has location abilities like a GPS/Phone/OnStar etc. that [someone, somewhere] is storing that info. Data storage is so easy and cheap these days. Just like everything you do online- it's stored; cheaply and easily.

After 9-11 ? .... You Betcha, and If for anything else (?), Demographics.. Where folks go, where we stop, what sights we go to, lakes we fish (TG)... on & on. The "Bean Counters" love that kinda data.

In today's world.. If we have or carry Any kind of electronics... someone, somewhere.. could be "Watch'n" ? :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
After 9-11 ? .... You Betcha, and If for anything else (?), Demographics.. Where folks go, where we stop, what sights we go to, lakes we fish (TG)... on & on. The "Bean Counters" love that kinda data.

In today's world.. If we have or carry Any kind of electronics... someone, somewhere.. could be "Watch'n" ? :dunno

how many times we go to gander mountain :D
why does UPS deliver so many heavy packages to my house?
:stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58