Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Absorbers

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have 5100 series Bilsteins on my truck and they are GREAT! Go for it and you will love the ride.

Dave :thumbs

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a set on mine earlier this year. Seem to be doing great so far but I'm not sure I feel a lot of difference between them and my original stock Ranchos? Maybe just me. The differences are primarily the 5100 series are set up for lifted trucks and the 4600 for stock height, otherwise they use a lot of the same components.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I put a set of these on my truck at about 50k miles as my stock Rancho ones had been shot for a while. I immediately noticed a difference in the ride as it felt more like it did when it was new. I've read they rancho ones go out pretty quick.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Just ordered a set so we will see. Stock shocks are just oem not rancho so I am thinking we should see a better ride.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set so we will see. Stock shocks are just oem not rancho so I am thinking we should see a better ride.

;tu I'll betcha yul be happy with'm.

I know when my Rancho's go out... it'll be Bilsteins for me. I remember when I put them on my 2K.. couldn't believe the difference in the ride & handling .. over the stock OEM's.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Bilsteins have about 65000 on them now and as far as I can tell there great!
Doug

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Installed the shocks today and wow what a difference. The ride is night and day. Can't believe how the oem shocks felt after only 4,600 miles. Manually pushing them down after removal I could actually feel dead spots in them. Truck rides like a half ton with them installed. Me like em.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64