Blown Intercooler Connection

Discussion in '911 Diesel Down! (Post only if your rig is broke)' started by roninrus1, Jun 20, 2020.

1. roninrus1

roninrus1 SDD Junior Member

Dang plastic housing blew up on the hwy. Close enough to relatives house to limp there. Ordered metal replacement and it arrived yesterday evening. Removed old unit and started to install the new one. That is when I found out I was supposed to use the old o-ring with this new fitting. Only thing is it is on the hwy some place. Apparently it fell to the road when the thing blew out. Now I find the aftermarket kits mostly come without a new o-ring. Called the Ford dealers and the only way they sell the o-ring is with the replacement kit for almost $200. Anybody have any info on this o-ring or a replacement part number. Gonna keep trying in the morning, maybe find a hydraulic shop open with a o-ring that will fit and do the job.

2. eZAK61

eZAK61 Full Access Member

Maybe buy an assorted "O" ring kit? Search the internet, Call a bone yard or a parts supply house. What is your truck info.?

3. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

Add the truck information to your signature. This will keep us from asking every time you have a problem. Go to the BLACK line at the top and click on your user name and then click on Signature and add this information. Easy.