Help Needed Bog down at trafic lights

RogerR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here is my problem, Friday afternoon I was on my way to the mountains with my 32 foot 5th wheel, every time I stopped at a traffic light, as soon as I would hit the accelerator the engine would bog down, if I held the peddle down it would come out of it with a cloud of black smoke. Once I let off the accelerator to see if it would clearout but it died, started right up and took off fine then. A couple of times I put it in neutral untill the light changed, then dropped it into drive and it did the same thing.
Sunday evening I came back through the same area on my way home and it opperated fine. Friday the temperature outside was 84 and today it was 76, I don't know if the temp. would make a difference or not. Where should I start? Thanks.

RogerR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Just bought the truck, not sure when anything was done. The tranny fluid is right on the full mark, hot idleing in park, nice red color, does not smell burnt.
The engine oil looks clean and smells OK. No idea about the fuel filter. I have one that I will install tomorrow night. Thanks for the tips so far. RR

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has done the same thing....but only when I flip my chip over to 100...sometimes. It will cut out like its going to die then picks back up the rpms. Anything electronically that could be related between mine and Roger's truck?

RogerR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New problem

This bogging down at a traffic light never happened agan after that one day, BUT, when the truck is warmed up, when you go from drive to reverse it does the same thing, bogs down and usually dies, always starts right up and will then go in reverse with no problem. Any ideas?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck did this too from a stop light. I went to a parking lot and tried reverse....turning it off (very hard to start back up). I went up to the gas station and filled it up, had about a quarter tank. After I drove it some more it cleared up. I think I just got some bad fuel.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track