boost fooler....again

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont want to beat a dead horse here and im sure its been asked but i noticed that on the dodge a boost fooler drops the egt's a little bit. yes i know that i said on a dodge and i drive a ford. im just curious out here who has it and hows it working for ya???

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If by "Boost Fooler".. you mean a Boost Pressure Relief Valve ? Don't know about the 6.0 crowd, but many of us 7.3 types have them.

Keeps the MAP sencor from sencing pressures Over the design limits of the PCM.. and setting a CEL & Code, resulting in the PCM going into a de-fuel mode, to cut the over pressures. (EGT related)

I wouldn't be without mine. :dunno

Joe

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Sorry to but in on this but I was wondering about the Boost Pressure Relief Valve. Is it worth it to buy it? Or is there a big possibility to blow your turbo with it? Its something I've been curious about.

Travis

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:smack you didnt raise your mouse to chime in!...lol i would think it would be a good thing. sounds like a good thing, i mean its a relief valve... i could be sadly mistaking...lol

bomberman760

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Unregulated boost pressure seems like a very bad idea on an unmodified 6.0. If all the upgrades have been made, maybe, but I'll wait for others to test it first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58