Question Boost gauge

mustangmuscle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to run cooper tubing instead of the nylon crap the gauge comes with. Anybody ever had any issues with that?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of anyone doing it that way. I don't see why it couldn't be done. Just make/buy the tubing a little bigger than the fitting its connecting to and put some kind of sealant around it and let it set. Thats how I would see it being done. I used a .25"....I guess it was nylon, latex, plastic.....hose to a "T" into the MAP line. I accidently hit it with some penetrating lube spray when I was spraying where the down pipe clamps to the turbo. It started blowing off after that untill I put a hose clamp on it.

Only problem I could see for the copper tubing is it may be a little more difficult to run (especially under the dash and up the pillar). It would be a tight bend behind the gauge and may crease:dunno I'd have to get a piece and play with it to see how it acts when being bent.

mustangmuscle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autometer sells it for mechanical pressure gauges, I used it in my mustang on the oil pressure gauge and it works fine. I was curious if anyone has used it for a boost gauge. I am going to install it this weekend.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autometer sells it for mechanical pressure gauges, I used it in my mustang on the oil pressure gauge and it works fine. I was curious if anyone has used it for a boost gauge. I am going to install it this weekend.

Not the boost gauge.. but I used copper line from the fuel filter port, to the isolator.. due to concerns about Heat.. the way I wanted to route it. then plastic/nylon (?) up to the FP gauge.

Just felt better about it i guess. :dunno

Joe

"Back In The Day" copper was all there was, for add-on gauge stuff. Funny how History repeats itself ?

mustangmuscle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't wait til the weekend, I got up early and put in. Much easier to route and it seems to be working very well :sweet

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine with the copper as well. I also run it in my notch back mustang. For the boost gauge connections i just used some super glue and black silicone to ensure a leak free seal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14