Question Boost Pressure flucuates while in Regen?

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
I noticed that my boost pressure flucuates while in regen mode-Doesn`t matter high boost or low boost. Only 5-7psi flucuation(like a Pulse a sec or 2 at a time) and only while in regen--no check engine light is-oil level is okay-it runs smooth and clean and sounds okay. Of course the power is less while in regen but you can feel the truck power change corresponding with the boost.
Ford says don`t know?? Does anyone else`s truck do this ? Is it normal? Ford thought it should be constant(No fluctuations-just a power loss) until the regen is over.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the 2 years Ive had my truck, i've never noticed a fluctuation in boost, just thats its less and I believe its recirculated, at least thats what it sound like. Ford claims there is only a 25 hp reduction, i think thats crap. I think its more than that.

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
I made a couple of phone calls to some friends and their 6.4`s do the same thing as mine during regen. Guess it`s just a quirk of some trucks!

I do agree with the 25hp power loss is more than what Ford says. More like 50hp or so.

Thanks

hntnv

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing with mine. The boost guage fluctuates while in regen. When I took it in for the first oil change my ford dealer told me that it was normal. The only time that I have noticed a power difference is when I am pulling my camp trailer. It went into regen shortly after filling with fuel. When It came out of regen was 50 miles and 3/4 of a tank of fuel later. Dealership told me that was normal also. :dunno

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so much for those epa jack asses who thought regen would clean air and save on fuel.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by a ford engineer that if the tow haul button was engaged it will cancel regen on the latest flash. I loose a lot of power in regen to, but because it’s a Manuel tough luck for me basically, and forget taking off on a hill with any weight even in low gear.. But my boost fluctuates especially on the highway with the cruise set!

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
Took about an 800 mile trip with our 30' fifth wheel loaded--had a couple of regen`s in tow/haul mode and of course at the bottm of a hill. Overall--it wasn`t nearly as bad as I expected --even in regen it ran the hills well and there are some nasty hills running up the Oregon Coast.
Stock to Stock---In comparison my 08 Ford would beat my 06 Dodge(RIP-Total) on the same trip--comfort wise not mileage. The Dodge on the BD would out run this Ford-but I also had a buch of money in the Dodge to make it run like everyone said it should.
Overall--I like my Ford even with all this regen crap.

Tim G.

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how do u know when the truck is in regen mode? Does the turbo make a different noise during regen? i used to be a dodge man. I got a 08 F-350 last year and love it. not used to all the regen stuff.

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
the display should say " exhaust filter cleaning" if you have the latest update --check with the dealer if you aren`t seeing that. Also the truck loses some power, sounds different mostly at lower speed 35-40ish when I notice, the regen with new update doesn`t regen below 30? 35?,the early trucks I beleive would regen while idleling (not a good idea), maybe some turbo pressure fluctuation (pulses) not a smooth sweep on the needle like normal.

firenut4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
08F350 6.4L boost changed while in regen

I bought my 08 F350 6 months ago and have drove 10k and during the last 3 regen's the boost flucuates 5-30psi boost pressure cruising down the road. Took to Ford and they say it is either my stacks or K&N intake but both have been on for 10k and had no issues????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58