bracket flipped on a rear seat w/pics

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
just thought i'd post this cause ive never seen pics of it on any forums.

For us audio enthusiasts who own 99-04 super duty crew cabs, there are not a whole lot of options for sub placement. There is the jl audio stealth box but thats only if you have buckets in the front(i think). plus, the stealthbox is not cheap. and i like having storage in the center console.

So i read about flipping the bracket under the rear seat to give you some extra room behind the seat for a proper sixed sub box. it was pretty easy to see how to do this once i got the seat unbolted. you can flip the brackets with the seat in the truck but i decided to completely remove the seat to have easier access to wire my subs, plus it needed a good vacuuming under there. I found .22 and .410 rounds under the seat behind my ancient VCR. I had to remove all the seat mounting brackets to get it ot of the cab, as i was doing it by myself and didnt want to scratch my interior door panels.

Here are some before and afters.
View attachment 11204
View attachment 11205
View attachment 11206
View attachment 11207

And here is why i did it.
View attachment 11208

First i just want to say this is a temporary setup. I damn near went crazy labor day weekend without much to tinker on, so i remembered i had the sub and amps laying around(for damn near a year) just waitin to install. Money's tight(as usaual) so i actually built the box out of some birch that i built my workbench with. sealed it with silicone and it surprisingly sounds really good. I will be changing the entire setup by adding a second JL Audio W3 and building a new box out of MDF. Pics to come when that is complete. It will be carpeted to the factory interior color and the works.

I am happy with the setup. There is less room for the rear passengers, but there's still plenty once your in the seat. It does make it a little more difficult getting your legs into the cab, but it's not that bad. and besides, i dont have to worry about it that much cause i'm always driving the SOB anyways. Plus, its makes it a little easier with my two year old a little closer when we're driving.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well there ya go..
keeps you off the streets and away from loose wommens...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seem like a alot of work. Why didn't you put the amps under the back seat and screw them to the floor?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
That seem like a alot of work. Why didn't you put the amps under the back seat and screw them to the floor?

I moved the seat forward to fit the subs. and had all the extra room back there, so i figured why not.. Plus, i already have a vcr under the seat. It's also easier to manage the wires behind the seat vs underneath.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
:lmao X2.. but Nice work ;tu

I'd paint that puppy Flat Black.. or cover it in Black Felt'n call it GOOD. :dunno

Like i said big joe, it's just temporary. I'll be building a new one down the road. I just got bored and threw it together.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....and you still have more leg room than a dodge crew cab lol. I've attempted a home built system, but didn't even come close to being that good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64