Bradford vs CM flatbeds??? What's your preference...and WHY??

vanguy67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought my '96 OBS dually for a song, (stole it I think). On the way home from the purchase I blew the outer PS rear tire and cobbed up the fancy running board and wheel trim. Guess the gods were against me for stealing the guy's truck???

The more I look at it, the more I want to fix it. Trouble is, that 'glass is expensive and fragile. I'm liking the looks of a skirted steel flatbed. I've narrowed the many choices down to a Bradford built bed or a CM stepside bed. I like the looks of the new CM stepside bed a lot but hear Bradford is less expensive. What about real-world use? Quality?

I don't have an endless roll of 20's and will have to save up for the new bed. With that in mind, I'd like to buy the best quality even if it's a BIT more expensive as I'm the kinda guy who would buy another truck and transfer the bed if I really loved my bed and it is in good shape.

Opinions?

Prices paid?

Photos??

Thanks for your knowledge and opinions folks!!

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around where I live, folks have both.
I have a CM, goin on 2years. Gets used heavily and we're very happy with it.
Price is about the same, Bradford may be a couple hundred more...
I dont like the attached sideboards on Bradfords. Sure as hell you have those folded down and ur gonna scrape up against something. The vision is better out the rear window (crewcab) of the CM, IMHO.
If you are gona be using it on rough roads alot definitely do not get aluminum...They are like al stock trailers. Eventually they're gonna shake apart. And the extra weight of the steel helps in the winter if ice/snow is an issue.

Mike

vanguy67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got prices on both beds today. The Bradford Built bed is about $1000 less than the CM bed. I think I really like the Bradford bed better anyway. The dealer mark-up for the Bradford bed was over $1000 more than the factory guy quoted me if I brought my truck to their factory and let them install the new bed....

The factory is a lot farther away than the closest dealer to me BUT, $1000 still buys a lot of fuel. I think I would rather have the guys (and girls) who actually built the bed install it anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr