Braided brake lines and other brake issues

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Where can I get them. I finished the interior this weekend and took the truck out. Sounds much quieter. Truck pulled left hard while driving and braking. Turned around and went home. Went to check tire pressure and the cap was hot on the front left (hot brake smell was also present). This is the fourth time that I have had my front left caliper hang up. The original did twice and now the replacement twice. I have been "rebuilding the calipers but now I wonder if there is more of a problem. I am considering a fluid flush, braided lines and cryoed rotors. Should I rebuild these calipers again or go with new ones?

Scott

atk

Reaction score
should be able to find braided brake lines from anyone that sells suspension lifts. as for the calipers, i would go with new.....what is seizing up on the caliper, the piston`s or the caliper pins?

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had braided brake lines fail twice but, not at the same time. I used to use them on my 'off-road' Toyota until I had two different lines develope leaks. The first one developed a leaked around the caliper fitting and the second one had a 'blow out' in mid line. I now use OEM type longer lines and don't worry about my brake lines letting me down when I least expect it. These were not cheap braided lines but top quaility lines from a well known suspension company. I would NEVER use braided lines on my daily driver or any other vehicle.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The pistons were seized the previous times. I drove the truck to work today. I'll try to get them warmed up on the way home and see what they do. It also did a lot of wandering so I guess I need to check out the whole front end.

Scott

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have checked all those sources but most of them have a few lines and for lifted trucks. Not what I am looking for. HOWEVER, I got them from EGR Brakes and me likey. See my post here: Where do I get SS brake lines? - Powerstroke Nation

It gives the part number for the back hoses. I did the fronts and the improvement was there. Did the back and noticed more improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14