Help Needed Brake Calipers

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Very unlikely. Even if it was pinched, the construction of the tube would allow some leak-back.

Dave

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The metal line or the flexable line? If the metal line is pinched it may not allow the fluid to drain out of the caliper after the brakes are applied and the caliper may lock up. The flexable line should not stay 'pinched' so there shouldn't be a problem.
However, my left rear caliper locked up a couple weeks ago for no apparent reason. I bleed the system and manually pushed the caliper open several times to 'try' to remove what ever caused the lock-up. I then replaced my fluid with clean fluid. So far no more problems.

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a flexible line.

The reason I ask is because I got some new tires put on yesterday evening and when I left my truck was pulling real hard to the right and would'nt get up through the gears. It was like I was in tow/haul mode with 20k behind me going up hill. I pulled over as soon as I could and by then you could smell the brakes and see the smoke. Upon further investigation the brake line bracket was bent and had pinched the brake line at the caliper and in the bracket itself. I called back to the tire place and they sent a mechanic to come look at it. He told me, after looking at it, that the bracket got bent when they threw the tire up to mount it, on the front passenger side. He bent the bracket back into some kinda place and got the caliper to realease most of the way. I limped on home at about 40 mph as it was already 8:30 and there she sits. There is still some contact between the pads and the rotor so I'm not driving her for now. Is this something they, the tire place, should be accountable for or am I SOL and need to order some parts? The manager told me today to pretty much "get lost" in a semi-nice way.

Thanks for the help

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think the tire shop is responsible for this problem. They sent out a mechanic and he determined that they bent the bracket. According to what you reported, they need to make it right.

Dave

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can cause the caliper to lock and slowly release. This problem can also ocur when a brake line swells up due to age(had this happen on much older trucks).I would go back to the tire shop and make them fix it correctly .

BidDogDaddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Help.... I have a 2006 F250 Single Wheel Drive. I am attempting to remove the front Calipers to change out the pads. I have both bolts removed and the caliper is loose, but it is hanging up on something. Any Ideas what could be the problem or any Ideas on how to remove it?

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is getting hung up on the anchors. Just keep wiggling and prying it and it will come out, eventually. You can open (spread apart the pads) it up to make it easier.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58