BTS tranny?

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after no success in finding HD parts for my tranny I may have to start savin' and go with a BTS tranny. Since these tranny's are all the rave on this site and guys have had many miles on them without troubles. I've got a couple of questions for guys that have them. Does the BTS come with a tourque converter? How much is shipping, cause I live about 17 hrs from his shop in Arkansas on the Canadian side of the border close to MN. :thanks

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
If you can get to his shop, then the price includes torque convertor and installation.

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Give them a call, he will schedule you in, install the tranny (with a new TQ) & take you with him on a test drive to make sure everything is just right before you leave. You will have a blast driving home. Besides, you won't want to pay the Canadian tax - it will probably cost as much as the fuel to get down there.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give them a call, he will schedule you in, install the tranny (with a new TQ) & take you with him on a test drive to make sure everything is just right before you leave. You will have a blast driving home. Besides, you won't want to pay the Canadian tax - it will probably cost as much as the fuel to get down there.

That is what I was thinkin'. It would take about 3 tanks there and 3 tanks bank in fuel. I could take a couple of days off relax a bit and get it done. That way there would be no tax, no shipping (there and back for the core) and no problems. And I could get any questions answered that I needed too.:D I'm getting talked into this more and more as this thread goes on.:sly

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep and would have a nice drive here and back. Don't do it in a couple of days. Take a week or so off and see what's down here.

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
That is what I was thinkin'. It would take about 3 tanks there and 3 tanks bank in fuel. I could take a couple of days off relax a bit and get it done. That way there would be no tax, no shipping (there and back for the core) and no problems. And I could get any questions answered that I needed too.:D I'm getting talked into this more and more as this thread goes on.:sly

If you happen to pass through Oklahoma City on your travels send me A PM. We've got plenty of room.

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I have also been thinking about getting a BTS or a John Wood tranny. I have a questions for those that have a BTS I would like to know does Brian put any billet shafts in the trans or are they all stock shafts.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep and would have a nice drive here and back. Don't do it in a couple of days. Take a week or so off and see what's down here.

I would love to take a week off, but it looks like we will be having a busy summer drilling water wells up here. There has been such a lack of precipitation, even this winter we only had about a foot of snow. So unfortunately I would have to keep the time off to a minumum. The boss wouldn't have a problem with me talkin' a few days off.......being he's my father.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58