BTS Trans Fluid Question/Poll

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the BTS trans is to be built tomorrow. Had a nice chat with Brian about what the truck is and used for. I asked him about which trans fluid would be OK to use since I will be using Amsoil, regular ATF or Torque-Drive.

The ATF is Mercon V rated Torque-Drive is Mercon.

He says that either will be fine due to the increase clutch in the new trans.

So the question/poll is, which would you use and why?

I'm still thinking of using the Torque-Drive but wanted others opinions.

Thanks

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I though BTS put Schaffers in their transmissions...

You've had the TD in your trans up to this point, it appears to be the slightly more expensive formulation however seems to be designed to take a bit more abuse.

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He does, but he cannot ship with fluid in the trans. I have an Amsoil warehouse within 15 miles and go there for my oil and such.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I though BTS put Schaffers in their transmissions...
He does and that's what I use in mine. Don't know anything about Amsoil you are
wanting to use, but I would use there best Synthetic. By what I read they are both rated for Ford, GM, big and small on and off road.

Engineered specifically for the Allison TES-295 transmission fluid specification.

AMSOIL Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is engineered to outperform conventional automatic transmission fluids and exceed the performance requirements of most North American, European and Asian vehicles.

So looks like it's up to you, one is a few bucks cheaper than the other, all ATF Synthetic
cost to much now days.

Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64