Buddy has NO boost

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I just got a call from a buddy, he get only get a couple lbs. of boost on a '97 5spd truck. On both the gauge and his mechanics scanner. Mech is saying take it to dealer, bad PCM.:rolleyes:

He's getting a EBP code, couldn't remember #, changed EBP sensor and cleaned tube. Still no boost.

I told him MAP sensor. What will happen if you unplug a bad MAP sensor? Is there anyway to check the MAP sensor with a volt meter? I wish I had my AE with me at work right now to see what MV at certain boost levels.

TIA!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
:dunno Conversation got cut short by another phone call on his end. He say he can hear the turbo spooling.:dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
It's a dog, but no smoke. Which tells me something's not fueling. I would think a bad MAP sensor not seeing boost would kill the fueling.

Also he's running a SCMT.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Crumm said:
The EBPV is open right?

He said he gutted it. I've never seen the truck, he's the hubby of our Florida sales rep for the company I do shipping and receiving for part time. Any one need cosmetics for the wifey to smooth over mod purchases.:roflmao

He disconnected the MAP sensor electronically and threw the CEL. Truck ran no different. In my thinking, if it runs the same disconnected it's bad.-popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track