Bully Dog

jim417

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have had this programmer for about four yrs now and after my recent service it does not produce the same power as before. I believe my truck was flashed by ford. I called Bullydog but they were no help and said there was nothing they could do. Looking for options. Can't live without the power once you've had it.
:confused:

Help!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You won't get much help unless you tell us what you drive. FILL OUT YOUR SIGNATURE! Go to the USER CP on the TOP BLUE LINE and click on EDIT SIGNATURE and fill it out.

Dave

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Jim,
i see you have some generic parts for your truck (Bullydog, K&N).
Most here will tell you to ditch the K&N and the Bully Dog. I think people here use the SCT for the 6.0's. As far as the air filter goes, if you still have the stock air box, i believe they are good up to 500hp.

jim417

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you know if that program (SCT) will work even with the latest flash from Ford? What about the Edge Products?
And no, I do not have the old intake box. Have you heard negative things about K&N?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
K&N does not filter well at all. If you run one for a while, you will see dust INSIDE of the cleaned air chambers and tubes. This shows that they do not filter very well. Get a good air cleaner or you will be rebuilding your turbocharger, at least.

Dave

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
Hey guys new guy here hope I fit in. I have a couple questions if you don't mind helping me out. Just picked up a 04 F350 6.0L with a Bully dog outlook. The Outlook has two options for the 6.0L, the tripple dog and one other how do I tell which downloader the truck has? Is it somewhere under the dash? All I know its loud as hell and goes like a bastard! Oh and I can get second gear rubber with 33"s. I'm just looking for some support and good people.

Thanks for the help

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
yes sct will run on the new flashes...when u take your truck in for service you need to return the truck to the stock setting on tuners otherwise you end up in your position it can mess with the electronics and yeah ditch the k&n asap...welcome to the newbie hopefully smbody will be able to help you with your questions im not familiar with bulldog products as i was told to stay away

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
I'm all ears what do you recommend for a programmer? I always listen to other people who have good luck with there stuff Something easy to use. Also over bumps im hearing a thumping, sounds like sway bar links and on left hand turns i hear something that sounds like a plastic mudflap rubbing an aggressive tire tread but on the right side. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr