Bypass filter blow out, left stranded 3 times!

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
The situation is resolved.

Amsoil is refunding my money for the bypass filter kit, both of the filters I used on it, and all the shipping I paid to return it to Amsoil and the original shipping to get it all shipped out to me, to include shipping charges on the oil. I had originally asked to have the money I spent on the oil (8 gallons plus 8 quarts) refunded to me, but they offered to just send me oil instead, which saves me about $40 on shipping and I'll have extra oil on hand for the future.

I will never use another Amsoil bypass system, I think it's poorly engineered. Anyhow, hopefully the Oilguard will work well....if it ever gets here (they're really slow on shipping).:(

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
dont want to appaer pushing oil guard.
but if you call them to place an order it seems to go faster and get delivered a bit sooner. than using the internet. I dont know why but it does for me.
I think they have one lady in charge of ordering and shipping.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
dont want to appaer pushing oil guard.
but if you call them to place an order it seems to go faster and get delivered a bit sooner. than using the internet. I dont know why but it does for me.
I think they have one lady in charge of ordering and shipping.

I installed the Oilguard today on the truck. Man was that easy. No oil leaks or anything, so I'm a happy camper. Hopefully this one will hold out better than the last one. -popcorn

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the area where the filter o-ring seats look different than the Amsoil unit. Just curious if there was anything to help hold the o-ring in place?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
I installed the Oilguard today on the truck. Man was that easy. No oil leaks or anything, so I'm a happy camper. Hopefully this one will hold out better than the last one. -popcorn

i know you did, but.... did you check for return oil flow when you were done ?
for some reason the full flow filter cap has a tendency not to re-seat the drain valve in teh filter bowl.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Rex-a-FORD said:
Did the area where the filter o-ring seats look different than the Amsoil unit. Just curious if there was anything to help hold the o-ring in place?

Yes, very much different. The Amsoil setup uses an external filter that screws on to a male fitting; the o-ring is visible in between the filter and the housing. The Oilguard system is a bit different. The filter element is an internal element--much like the full flow filter on the 6.0. The element is contained in a metal cylinder which is screwed onto the housing. The threads on the housing contain the o-ring. I imagine you're thoroughly confused, so check out a picture of Amsoil and a picture of Oilguard

powerboatr said:
i know you did, but.... did you check for return oil flow when you were done ?
for some reason the full flow filter cap has a tendency not to re-seat the drain valve in teh filter bowl.

Yep, sure did. A nice, steady stream of freshly filtered oil was running back into the oil fill tube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14