Cab (roof) light harness for a 2005 F-250?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I was at the dealership today taking the Beast in for her 15K service when I stopped by the parts desk and asked about a wiring harness for the cab lights. You would have thought I mooned the Queen! "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" said the parts manager, "You cannot add those lights after the truck leaves the factory! It will VOID YOUR WARRANTY!" And besides, he asks, how do you know where to drill the holes? When I told him I found a source for a template on the internet, he still said, "Well, I can't sell you the harness, even if I knew the part number, which I don't". I asked him if putting in that upfitter harness "VOIDED MY WARRANTY" and he just looked dumbfounded.

Anyway, does anyone know where to get the part number for this harness should it exist, or did Ford make a differerent harness for 2005 and up that doesn't have a plug behind the passenger kick panel to extend power and sockets to the cab lamps?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
your kidding right. what kind of dumb turkey you got over there? it wasnt World ford was it?
try the powerstroke shop, call chriss he has helped me find odd stuff
the trick to getting through is to call teh dealerships main number then ask for parts, that way it does not put you through to the answering machine. they open at 0900, dale was great at diggin up numbers to but he has moved to other pastures
1-800-234-3455
wabash ford in Indy

oh and i put in my upfitters after the sale, I wonder iffin my warranty is gone he hehe these guys kill me.
I saw an ex (brand new) while in Rockwall this past weeknd at rockwall ford, it was lifted at least 4 inches and had big honking tires, i wonder if the factory waranty is still good

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Void the warranty HFS! what a line:rolleyes:

I have the overhead console in our Excursion but here's the part numbers I ordered:sweet

F81Z-17C710-BA HARNESS (1)
F81Z-15442-AA LAMP ASSEMBLY (5)
N621903-S301 LOCKING NUT (10)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Crain Ford here in Benton and he says he can get the F81Z-17C710-BA for $55.00 and the one without the console for $44.48
Thanks for the RITFLMAF, last night.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to where your upfitter switches came from. Ask for a quote for the Harness, (5) light assemblys, and (10) nuts. Tell them you have the overhead console. It should be about $65 to $70 for the whole shebang!

Barrett

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
To all:

Thanks! I tried reaching the Powerstroke Shop by phone without success, tried leaving an e-mail message, but it bounces back as the e-mail gets addressed to Dale, and Dale is no longer with them.

No, it wasn't World Ford in P'cola, it was Hub City Ford right here in Crestview, personally, I think the guy I talked to wasn't of sound mind. The other parts guy there I've known and trusted for years, but he just recently joined the dealership after being a parts monger for Advance Auto.

I have a overhead "console" that has a sunglass holder and an overhead storage bin. Nothing electrical up there. Is that considered a "console"? I know the 2004 and below had the message center up there, the message center in the 2005 is in the instrument panel between the speedometer and the tachometer.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I payed $62 I think for everything for a 2000 locally thru a discount, sent ya a pm with contacts fro Chris at powerstrokeshop

Bryan

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
To all:

Thanks! I tried reaching the Powerstroke Shop by phone without success, tried leaving an e-mail message, but it bounces back as the e-mail gets addressed to Dale, and Dale is no longer with them.

No, it wasn't World Ford in P'cola, it was Hub City Ford right here in Crestview, personally, I think the guy I talked to wasn't of sound mind. The other parts guy there I've known and trusted for years, but he just recently joined the dealership after being a parts monger for Advance Auto.

I have a overhead "console" that has a sunglass holder and an overhead storage bin. Nothing electrical up there. Is that considered a "console"? I know the 2004 and below had the message center up there, the message center in the 2005 is in the instrument panel between the speedometer and the tachometer.

Ok. Go to http://www.1stfordparts.com ask them for a quote for the same thing I said, tell them your truck, trim level, year, etc... That is actually where I bought mine. They will respond to you with a quote, they are actually a ford dealer. I just responded here with powerstroke.com cause you bought stuff from them before.

Barrett

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Nuts...the number for the wiring harness comes up as the wiring assembly for the vanity mirror, driver side. It IS F81Z-17C710-BA, correct? I will try to get a live body who might be able to look this thing up on a fiche or a DVD, it shouldn't be THAT hard, should it? Thanks again for your efforts, guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64