California is burning again

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
California has at least seven fires going tonight. I have a friend who has a fire burning within 5 miles of his house in Atascadero. He contracts with Cal Fire to provide water tankers and dozers. He is close by and he is NOT working the fire. I don't know how they select their personal to fight the fires around the state. They do not use common sense...

Dave :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get it either Dave. They call in fire troops from SoCal for a fire in NorCal.. I have friends that contract to CalFire (Dozers and the like) they don't get it either. The support infrastructure is mind boggling.

Fighting fires in Cali has become a corporate "BIG BIDNESS".. BIG Bidness.

We're going to Morro Bay for a week tomorrow.. be going thru Atascadero.. I'll be eye ball'n that fire. Some friends are already there.. they can see the smoke, and fires at night.

Should & could be interesting ?

Joe

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Is common sense a thing out there on the left coast? :lmao

Sorry, I had to.

Hope you and yours stay safe out there.

Side note, it rains every other day here in the midwest. Maybe some will head your way instead. We have enough here for now. :sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My ln-laws spend the summer months in Port Washington, Wi and the winters in Texas. They are seeing rain like never before. You can sent it our way. ;tu

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is common sense a thing out there on the left coast? :lmao

Sorry, I had to.

Hope you and yours stay safe out there.

Side note, it rains every other day here in the midwest. Maybe some will head your way instead. We have enough here for now. :sweet

;tu:lmao We're not only out of water out here.. We're out of Common Sense too.. and have been for quite some time Roy !!

Just One Case In Point (?).. A friend of mine has 2, AWD, 5000 gallon water trucks. Last year, there where 3 fires in areas where getting enough [available] Water trucks was an issue. (on the News)

He offered his 2 trucks... but was told they couldn't accept his offer... because he wasn't on a list of Venders :dizzy:confused:

Go Figure ?

Joe

Shur wish we had some of your rain !!!!

This WATER thing is going to be the next OIL thing.. I'm think'n

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
He is right about being on the approved vender list. They have strict standards for their equipment providers and operators. My buddy has to send his new employees through the school or training sessions. ( I am not sure which it is ). You know RoyBoy, a "Common Sense" school would pay great around here. :)

Dave :thumbs

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the temps out there nowadays? Its over 110 for the last few weeks here in Arizona.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the temps out there nowadays? Its over 110 for the last few weeks here in Arizona.

100+ here in Cencal... But ALL the vegetation is Dry, Dry, Dry. City Wells going, or gone dry, rivers and lakes with no water.. everyone is on restricted Water Schedules.. and it's only June.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A school of "Common Sense" would never work in CA. No one in CA. government has ever heard of it, so first they would have
to pass a tax on it. I feel for you guys that live out there, so glad I got out of the Navy and headed back to where I came from.
I just never made it all the way.
Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64