Help Needed California Trucks different from the rest of the world?

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My work truck is a 09 F-350 with the 6.4 and I have been having a problem on these last two days with the truck not starting in the middle of the day( temps been over 95). My boss is saying he had this problem before and that the stealership told him that the truck was bound for California but got sent here. They are saying that there is a temp cutoff relay under the dash that shuts down the truck when the outside air is to hot because of excess emission. I can't believe that anyone with half a brain would even allow that to be a mandatory system in a truck that might be the only way to rescue workers because "it's too hot out". If anyone has any info on this I would like the feedback... I got fifty bucks riding on the answer. Thanks.:dizzy :dunno

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
p.s. if anyone has a wiring diagram our mechanic would greatly appreciate it. THANKS

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a big crock of %$#&. I have never heard of a truck not starting because some relay thought it was too hot. I can't really help because I don't have your year of manuals, sorry.

Dave

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a big crock of %$#&. I have never heard of a truck not starting because some relay thought it was too hot. I can't really help because I don't have your year of manuals, sorry.

Dave

Hopefully someone can find something out. Thanks.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with you on the 100 % BS, then you said the name (California ) and that makes anything possible. LOL
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did not say what I said because I live in California. Calif gets bashed every hour of every day and I am used to this. I just do not beleive that Ford would design in a relay that would prohibit a vehicle from running under any circumstances. This sounds like conspiracy theory and that is what I do not beleive.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i could see a shut off if it idles to long....but not a temp switch if its over 95, shoot you wouldn't be able to drive half the year if that was the case
sounds like a dealer doesn't want to mess with it

or they are idiots :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could see a shut off if it idles to long....but not a temp switch if its over 95, shoot you wouldn't be able to drive half the year if that was the case
sounds like a dealer doesn't want to mess with it

or they are idiots :D

X2.. on both probable reasons.

There was a Ford dealer 'round here that got in Big trouble with FOMOCO.. for giving Bogus info and reasons, like that.. to keep from working* on stuff. Cash Flow issues.

*Warrenty work payment issues.

On Edit and back on Topic ?

IIRC, in 02/03 ish, didn't the Everybody start building Everything to the same emmision specs ? No more Cali Only.. anything ? Gas & Diesel ?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58