cam sensor?

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
last few weeks my pickup likes to die at idle or when cruising it kind of misses cam sensor code came up took to ford finally did my recall since never once had this problem soon as i drove it away it was doing the same thing so i took the sensor out and put one i had that i knew was good and put it in ran good for a few days then did the same thing but no codes this time. this morning went to warm it up and bout five min later it died acted like it was loaded up. so it started back up and ran like it was missing real bad then it just stopped and ran good again. driving to work it seemed like it it was sluggish stepped on it and it took like a good two seconds to do anything it would pickup rpms real slow then all of a sudden just take off. just trying to get ideas what it could be and if someone has had this problem. its really getting annoying.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last few weeks, my pickup likes to die at idle, or when cruising. It kind of misses, cam sensor code came up, took to ford, finally did my recall since never once had this problem. Soon as i drove it away it was doing the same thing, so i took the sensor out and put one i had that i knew was good and put it in. Ran good for a few days, then did the same thing, but no codes this time. This morning went to warm it up and bout five min later it died, acted like it was loaded up. So it started back up, and ran like it was missing real bad, then it just stopped and ran good again. Driving to work it seemed like it it was sluggish, stepped on it and it took like a good two seconds to do anything, It would pickup rpms real slow, then all of a sudden just take off. just trying to get ideas what it could be, and if someone has had this problem. Its really getting annoying.

Did a little Punctuation for ya.. Hope you don't mind. Really Long Sentences ?

Fuel Filter(s) in good shape ?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little Punctuation for ya.. Hope you don't mind. Really Long Sentences ?

Fuel Filter(s) in good shape ?

We all know Big Joe likes punctuation:D

I agree with Joe here...sounds like a fuel problem. I've had a similar issue (sluggish, then taking off). Filled up the tank thats was already on a quarter....and added some diesel treatment. Cleared up after running it for a day.

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
fuel filters are new just changed it over to electric fuel and fuel filters on frame and regulator on return was doing this before i did the change over too. it only does it once in a while not all the time. the fuel pressure is good seventy pounds at regulator.

im a crappy typest

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
also ill be driving down the road and all of a sudden a few misses not like just one cylinder quits like its shutting engine off. and then right back to running good again

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also ill be driving down the road and all of a sudden a few misses not like just one cylinder quits like its shutting engine off. and then right back to running good again

A short in the electricals of the fuel system?? injector harness, idm??:dunno

never fun trying to track this stuff down:dizzy

Might need to rig up a fuel gauge in the cab to see if there is a drop in fuel pressuer when the truck starts to act up. Then you can rule out fuel system, unless you are getting air.

Last edited:

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
yeah its got me stumped right now if its in the wiring its beeing a pain in the butt ive drove over some pretty bumby roads to do a wiggle test not the correct way to do it but it works. and it doesnt have any affect on it. no fuel leaks that i can find. I took the chip out to see if it has any affect on it. and ill undo fuel line from return and see if i am getting a bunch of air.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[We all know Big Joe likes punctuation:D]

I agree with Joe here...sounds like a fuel problem. I've had a similar issue (sluggish, then taking off). Filled up the tank thats was already on a quarter....and added some diesel treatment. Cleared up after running it for a day.

I know my ..... proly drives you guyz crazy.. but it saves my Comma Key

fuel filters are new just changed it over to electric fuel and fuel filters on frame and regulator on return was doing this before i did the change over too. it only does it once in a while not all the time. the fuel pressure is good seventy pounds at regulator.

[im a crappy typest]

Me too :sly:D

Hmmm... does it smoke after this happens ? Does the fuel level in the tank seem to have anything to do with it.. when it happens ?

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
yesterday afternoon i hooked it up to my scanner to se what codes were on it there was five codes. a baro code a map code a exh back pressure code cam sensor code again and a tranny over heat code. i erased the codes. pulled out my chip and took it for a road test with the scanner hooked up to see what the sensors were doing and nothing off the wall for readings. everything seemed to be working good and not one hickup with the chip out. just a little slower. so im gonna drive it for a few days and see

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14