Cat-con in or out !!!!!!!

WATERWOODY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
08',SCT Extreme w/DPF delete kit,4" Magnaflow,AFE intake.What are the benefits of taking the catalatic converter out? Or,is it possible with my setup.Any more power on the table?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i think you got the majority of the power (efficiency) by taking that _____ing dpf off. i think you would gain more noise than power with the cat off, but i will say that my kitty has been killed on my OBS.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
less restriction, more flow. if i had the $, there would be no dpf, or cat.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah ford will void it on that part and related parts, there is no way they could legally void their entire warranty on the truck, meaning if you had lets say steering issues, there is no way a convertor would affect it. As for a dpf delete pipe, some have made their own, and bought them from dealers who usually sell the tuners, they go hand in hand. Check out Spartan, and SCT. I believe these dealers sell them.

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah ford will void it on that part and related parts, there is no way they could legally void their entire warranty on the truck, meaning if you had lets say steering issues, there is no way a convertor would affect it. As for a dpf delete pipe, some have made their own, and bought them from dealers who usually sell the tuners, they go hand in hand. Check out Spartan, and SCT. I believe these dealers sell them.

I would like to put a 5 inch exhuast, and a after-market air-filter, and see what type of MPG, I can get ???

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Correct that there is no way they legally could. Problem is, it is up to you to prove it had no effect. Even with the financial straights Ford is in, I think that they can afford to drag it on much longer than you or I can, in a legal battle. At least long enough that it would not justify the cost of the fight.

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct that there is no way they legally could. Problem is, it is up to you to prove it had no effect. Even with the financial straights Ford is in, I think that they can afford to drag it on much longer than you or I can, in a legal battle. At least long enough that it would not justify the cost of the fight.

HI Scooter, I feel FORD is holding me HOSTAGE !!! If I remove the POLLUTION junk, my engine warranty is void, If I don't do anything the GAS COMPANY will be RAPING me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58