CB Mounting

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is someone who has mounted a CB in a Super Duty and can suggest a good place in the cab. I have a 2005 F250 crew cab that I am wanting to install a CB in. I am leaning toward a Cobra 29 because I already have it sitting around.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Cobra 29 Dale Jr model and I mounted it on the floor in front of my middle council under the change holder, I mean ashtray. It workes out well for talking while you drive.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
mine was also mounted similiar to this mine was just tucked under the middle console seat i now have a "portable cb that you can plug in to the lighter and the mic comes off and you can plug it into another piece that allows it to be like a walkie talkie type cb not the best but its kinda cool

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used silicon caulk to 'seal' my drink holder closed then screwed the CB Bracket to the drink holder door. The radio faces us making it is easy to see and adjust the radio, and with the mic mount mounted on the radio's left front (now top) you don't have to do a lot of looking-and-reaching. Also, with the antenna cord running under the driver's front seat then forward under the center console to the back (bottom of the radio) it is out of site (and the way). For power I hooked into AUX3 (again easy, from back of radio straight up then across to the AUX3 power wire, and out of sight).

Jimmy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58