Question CCV mod

mustangmuscle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the CCV mod? And what about the high pressure oil cross over on a 6.0 ? I see alot of people with these mods. Does the 6.0 need the oil cross over mod? Thanks

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
The ccv mod is a redirection of the hose that recirculates the crankcase vapors back into your intercooler. Many people run a hose into the exhaust and let the vapors blow out through there or just run a hose down and out to the side. The vapors will fill your intercooler tubes with an oily residue that traps heat.

I don't know if the 6.0 needs the crossover or not but it is designed to create a more even oil pressure between the two heads. I have it on my 7.3 but do not know enough about the 6.0 to tell you if you should do it.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I believe the ccv mod is in the Wiki (at the top of the page there is a link). The crossover is easy enough you won't need a write up. Depending upon where you buy it, it will come with easy to follow instructions. Im not very mechanically inclined but capable of small stuff and I did my crossover with no adult supervision. I got mine from Dale at Tymar (see my sig line where I list my exhaust). He has a good instruction sheet.

Here is the link to the wiki for the 7.3. I do not think the 6.0 is going to be any different but if there is, it would be minor.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14