CD Error

drillbit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 02 F250 has 6 disc player & I have been getting a CD Error on the screen. CD's wont play, eject or anything. (Radio works) Any ideas? Thanks

drillbit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just saw nearly the same post on this problem. Sorry for doulbe posting, but the other replies didnt give an answer if this means the CD player is dead....any ideas??

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with our CD6 and it came down to an overheat condition which does trigger that error,I'll betchya thats it cause once it's overheated the CD mechanism won't do a thing.

Hope that helps some;)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
My 02 F250 has 6 disc player & I have been getting a CD Error on the screen. CD's wont play, eject or anything. (Radio works) Any ideas? Thanks

our 02 had the same issue after it got hot

answer was
turn it off
open the cd door with a credit card or some other laminated small card.
shine a bright light in to see if the cd is jammed between the door lip and the actual unit hole the cd slides out of.
if so turn it back on and push eject and use the credit card to gently persuade/pop the cd back into alignment with the two openings

for some reason some cds swell up more when hot and the alignment of the fascia door and the unit is a bit, well sloppy and the two misalignments will cause jamming

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
those players are very touchy to being bounced around. usually they are junk after an accident. i have replaced several on a few crashed mustangs for this reason.
there is a big sticker on them that says "scrap unit if dropped"

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
thanks for reminding me to take my CD's out.
I havent used them since i added XM 2 years ago.. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58