Central Vacuum Setup ?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a Dirt Devil central vacuum system in our 5r last month.. use it a couple'a times now..

This set-up IS great. Installed it behind the kitchen sink plumbing (dead space) along with the baseboard dust port add-on. Has a 20 foot hose w/wand and all the attachments.. reaches the whole 5r. Plugging in the hose or touching the dust port with the broom.. fires up the system.. no more dustpan.

Every thing stores under the bed.. no more awkward vacuum cleaner to store someplace.

Got it off of Amazon.. at a considerable savings.

Don't know why it took me (us) so long to git one of these set-ups.

Joe

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the trailers we looked at had a central vac set up. We thought it was a good idea.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed a Dirt Deval central vacuum system in our 5r last month.. use it a couple'a times now..

This set-up IS great. Installed it behind the kitchen sink plumbing (dead space) along with the baseboard dust port add-on. Has a 20 foot hose w/wand and all the attachments.. reaches the whole 5r. Plugging in the hose or touching the dust port with the broom.. fires up the system.. no more dustpan.

Every thing stores under the bed.. no more awkward vacuum cleaner to store someplace.

Got it off of Amazon.. at a considerable savings.

Don't know why it took me (us) so long to git one of these set-ups.

Joe

Got pics of the work you did installing it? I like seeing build threads. :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got pics of the work you did installing it? I like seeing build threads. :D

Sorry.....

I thought of pics but also thought installing one of these would be to specific to each "rig", due to the many floor plans and unused/convenient space available for install location. And, based on the many sizes and Brand configurations of central vacuum systems.. out there ?

Our rig has an Island Sink that is central to the floor plan for location... Kinda one of those.. "To Each, His/Her Own".. on that ?

The "Dirt Devil".. worked for me ?

Joe

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep, we have had them in both of the newer rv's
the bus we use it, but not as much as the shark pet hair suckasaurus
the dirt devil works great as well.
a hint..every now and then pull the bag, kill power, lock open the hose connector,
then use a shop vac at the bag side of the turbine, it will clean the vacuum rotor fins

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx PB.. I'll remember that ;tu

Wife sure likes the whole set-up. The Dust Port is the best part, for her.

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Joe
funny story about the dust pan thingy...we were tooling down the highway and all of the sudden a loud sucking noise and high pitch started coming from the kitchen area, we thought the roof vent fantastic fan got sucked off.
wife is trying to find the noise, I am looking for a place to pull off
its noisy as heck, with a/cs running, traffic and dogs going nuts
finally stopped and we are searching everywhere, then i notice the dust pan has been flipped on
sometimes it just fires up all by itself, i think the dogs toy ball hits it and BAM

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how's it working out for you? Glad you did it?

GREAT and Sure am glad I installed it!!

Nice, Clean set up. No hassling with a Cord & Dust pan.. Storing a vacuum cleaner. Does a Hellova Job too. Better than anything we've had before.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64