Help Needed changed glow plugs now rough idle at startup

AKTIVE1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok its fixed!!!!, i checked the valve cover harness's with a ohm meter and figured out that the lt harness had come loose under the valve cover. i never bothered to look to see if it had been updated because my focus was on the glow plugrepair, but now i know. it was supposed to have been updated with fords fix when it was repaired last time at the dealer, but all they did was plug it back in. 600 dollars later it could have come unplugged at any time which really stinks because we race all over the place. ford dealer is getting a call on monday! as you can see i am alittle stressed! now for my own update. i took a piece of plastic approx 1/8" thick bent a 90 degree angle on it an slid it under the harness lock clip, there is no way its coming loose now! i'm going to take the other side back apart and update that plug also. thank you everyone for your info and help, with a new baby still in the hospital it really helped me think about what may have gone wrong. my focus has been with "holly" born dec 22nd. thanks again ,allan HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya