check engine light and rough running

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the question would be...how did they determine it was bad ? codes ? tests ? what ?

boatguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wish I knew, but thats all I could get them to tell me...perhaps I will find out more when I pick it up. I must add that they gave me an f150 to drive. It sure makes me appreciate my f250 4x4.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You might consider getting a code scanner. There are a few that will read Ford CAN communications and the codes; AutoXray and Auto Enginuity are two that I can think of. They are not cheap, but worth every cent.

Dave

boatguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Okay, so they put the new injector in on monday and test ran the truck...they called me and said they were going to put in two more new injectors. I am getting kind of worried about this deal. I am thinking that one bad injector could be a fluke but three bad injectors? I guess I will just have to wait and see.

boatguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my truck and it seems to be running properly. Here's what I can get from the service ticket...
codes: p0279,p1335,p2291 I have no idea waht these mean.
Parts replaced low oil relief valve y fitting, #1 and #7 injector, EGR valve, both fuel filters.
If somebody could tell me what the codes mean and what the egr valve does, I would be grateful.
Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
P0279 is low injector circuit. P1335 is EGR position sensor and P2291 is injector pressure too low. These are not the entire wording of the DTC, but it will give you an idea. Looks like Ford did what needed.

Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remember TOO that sometimes items upstream or downstream will cause an item to fail (or appear to be failing)...w/out proper troubleshooting/training and diagnoses the problem will re-appear.

i hope they got things fixed for ya "boatguy"...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58