check engine light

crsig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Been noticing DPF regen more frequently lately. Each time less miles between than last. Yesterday mornig it regened on the way to work. When i left that afternoon the check engine light came on and the truck went into regen again. Called 3 different dealers befor i found one that "might" be able to check it this week. i will keep you posted.

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be and probably is that you are not completing the regen cycle before lowering the RPMs or turning off your engine. It'll go into regen sooner, a lot sooner.

Jimmt

crsig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It has only not completed a cycle once in the last 8 times of regen. The "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" on the dash always goes out befor i have made it to my destination, so i don't think that is what it is. It is a 08 and it ran fine until i had it reprogrammed under that recall for the DPF.The truck just didn't seem the same there after.

crsig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got the truck back. They said the Mid DPF exhuast temp. sensor was bad. They replaced it and reprogrammed the computer,so hpefully this takes care of it.

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would bet that thats the fix. i have replaced many of the egt temp 2 sensors for that same issue. bet that fix's it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58