Chip/programmer for towing only

HJohnson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know this topic is beat to death..but Ive got 234k on my truck and NO interest in pushing the envelope - so a 140HP chip aint in my plans.

Whats the best option for a 60-80HP, towing/econo upgrade only?

I was looking at the Edge evolution since it combines the gauges and programmer into one item, but am unsure if the gauges are accurate, and if Id have to buy a lot of sensors, wire etc to hook it all up. With a chip Id have to buy the gauge package separately ( more $$) :(

I accept that a custom chip is more, well, 'custom' than a programmer, but is that as important for someone NOT looking to max out performance, but just wants a modest towing boost and better economy? :dunno

I cant afford to blow my motor/trans, but surely theres a middle ground out there.

thanks

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my 75 eco tune I can hit 1300* on the pyro. I dont know the accuracy of the edge gauges, but you could get a chip from TDP and gauges for $500.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
might I suggest..
DPTuner.
I've been really happy with my 60hp tow tune, pulls the horse trailer (3,500 lbs) loaded with two Clydesdales & tack (5,000 lbs) with little effort

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for the 60 HP DPTuner. I pull my toyhauler with zero problems. Talk to Jody at DP and tell him what you want from a chip and he will steer you in the right direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14