CHP write up on A/C???

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You may need to have the AC refrigerant checked out to see if it's at the proper level.

For the best cooling set the dial at "Max AC" which recirculates the cool cabin air thru the evaporator versus drawing in outside hot air against the evaporator.

You may need to flush out the AC evaporator with "Kool-it" Evaporator & Heater foam cleaner. Linky

Only the Excursions came with the coolant shut off valve from the factory but one can be added on. Just order the kit from Dieselsite :sweet

The AC in our Excursion actually gets colder the more humid it is outside.

JRJ04

Reaction score
when you say flush out the evaporator, do you mean just clean the outside of it, or do you actually get stuff inside the coils? I saw that this product actually can eliminate the musty smell too. how do you do all of this?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
when you say flush out the evaporator, do you mean just clean the outside of it, or do you actually get stuff inside the coils? I saw that this product actually can eliminate the musty smell too. how do you do all of this?
How I did the front evaporator was removing the blower motor assembly then it's possible to route the 1/4" hose from the dispenser can to the evaporator grid.

Just have to spread out the cleaner by moving the tube across the grid while dispensing the cleaner. Unfortunately I didn't photo document the procedure last time I did it.

I'm going to look into possibly tapping a couple holes on the side of the plastic enclosure to see if more foam cleaner can be applied opposite of the blower.

JRJ04

Reaction score
i think i know where the blower is, but can you post a pic to clarify? thanks, jourdan

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
i think i know where the blower is, but can you post a pic to clarify? thanks, jourdan

I wouldlike to know on an OBS too!

I like my power switch adaptation to the ac mod. It was easy and I dont have to undo/redo it each season. Add a power switch to the dash and an electric vacuum solenoid and that is all you need extra.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
allows/prevents the vacuum from reachingg the water valve so that the water valve is open or closed at your preference. Without it, you have to undo the mod in order to have heat. I can just flip the switch and it is back to "normal."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58