clay bared

choupique108

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
finally got around to claying the truck. i could not be happier with the results.

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

choupique108

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looks good .. how difficult is the clay bar process?

A little time and patience goes a long way.
1. Wash it very good
2. Spray some meguires quick detailer(comes in the kit) on a small area of the truck.
3. Rub the clay over the quick detailer.
4. Wipe off, wipe off again with a dry terry cloth
5. Once you do the whole truck wax it with the cleaner wax that comes in the kit.
6. I also used NXT 2.0 wax as well.

It took me about 5 hrs from start to finish but well worth it;tu

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same process you did and used the same wax to the T when I did my truck 4 months ago. I did mine at night with flood lights on it to help catch spots I had missed.

When I saw the truck the next morning it was unreal how I use to think it was clean before.

Truck looks good. Bet it runs better now. HAHA

choupique108

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i will do it at least twice a year from now on for every truck i own. i LOVE the way it looks. Its so easy to wash and all now.

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I agree. I got the wild hair up my posterior one sat and decided to try this stuff. It worked great, my truck had some over spray on it and the clay bar took it all off. My paint is now as smooth as a baby's rear. I would recommend this to anyone. The only thing I would say would be to buy an extra bottle of the spray detailer cause you want to keep the suface wet. I ran out half way through and had to go get more. But WELL worth the time and money.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Detailing trick, Use baby shampoo in a spray bottle, about 20 to 1. Just a squirt will do you. It is the same type of non harsh soap as that in detailing bottles.

I actually got this from a detailing chemical manufacturer when they could not get me chemicals quickly enough.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Same here,J&J baby shampoo in a spray bottle goes a long way. I clay bar then follow up with wax.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr