Cleaning AFE filter

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is about time for me to clean my AFE filter and I am wondering if I can use a K&N cleaner kit(i believe its called a recharge kit). i would assume they use the same cleaners and oil, but I want to double check first.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thats what I've been using on mine. So far, so good. Good, liberal spray with the cleaner, let sit for maybe 15 minutes, spray water from the inside of filter out. I do it outside with the hose. The filter will gradually become a universal gray or off white color. Takes a while to dry. Here's a usefull tip: Don't clean the filter in the kitchen sink. It doesn't sit too well with the "significant other".

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Thats what I've been using on mine. So far, so good. Good, liberal spray with the cleaner, let sit for maybe 15 minutes, spray water from the inside of filter out. I do it outside with the hose. The filter will gradually become a universal gray or off white color. Takes a while to dry. Here's a usefull tip: Don't clean the filter in the kitchen sink. It doesn't sit too well with the "significant other".

X2.... :sweet

Tbar

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is good info, I was just wondering this myself for my airaid filter. I figured it was the same. I have some left over K&N oil and cleaner from when I sold my gas Super Duty. thanks for the info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim