Cleaning exhaust filter

J. Vallandingha

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am a bit frustrated with my truck today. I just finished up a 3 hour road trip that turned into a 3 1/2 hour road trip thanks to a "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" cycle deciding to start about 10 minutes from my house. I wish Ford would come up with some way to manually initiate an exhaust cleaning cycle when you know you are going to be driving for a while. This would have been much easier on all if the cleaning cycle would have run while driving on the interstate, not on city streets and county roads (slower speeds, stop and go, etc.). I guess while I am sending my wish list to Ford; I would also like to have either: 1. an alternating indication that a filter cleaning cycle is in progress that cycles between "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" and whatever information page that the driver had selected for disply prior to the cycle starting (maybe 5 second intervals) so I don't unknowingly stop and shut down the truck during a cleaning cycle -OR- 2. a brief message and audible chime at the end of a cycle stating that the cleaning cycle is complete.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 08 I hear it go into cleaning mode. I hear it before I see the sign on the dash. What I have found out is If you go into clean mode in traffic if you end up sitting for a bit my truck will start smoking when I take off then it clears after 45mph.

I wish they had the system my 2013 peterbuilt has. I can shut it off or turn it on or it will reset when you shut it off.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went on the cheep side. Got a day cab with a cummins and a 9 speed. Air ride everything. It does well I get around 8.7 mpg loaded.I went down to miami fl sat with two maxed trailer around 70 tons total. I have to look at the HP on the motor.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice Dogman. I now see all of the garbage associated with the exhaust. Quite the parade the exhaust has to follow.

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track