cleaning motor?

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to detail my truck, but everything i have read about water in the engine compartment on these trucks makes me nervous about cleaning it. Has anyone cleaned under the hood, and what precautions should be taken?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to detail my truck, but everything i have read about water in the engine compartment on these trucks makes me nervous about cleaning it. Has anyone cleaned under the hood, and what precautions should be taken?

I [RINCE] mine off now'n then.. but [RINCE] is the key, using house pressure, from the garden hose. NO pressure washer.

COLD MOTOR.

I use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green.. Bag the Alternator, spray everthing down, let it soak/set.. then gently rince it.. don't Point.. the hose nozzle directly at anything while Rincing it.

Let it Air Dry some.. then detail things with old rags. A pair of Mechanical Fingers work good for get'n In, Around & Under stuff.

Works fer me. :dunno

Joe

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read washing this motor is like washing your television

not good .. not even a rinse off

I just wipe mine down with a bunch of towels and WD40 everyso often

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
dont see what yall are scared of.its the same as washing the motor in any car since fuel injection started getting big.aint gonna hurt anything.i washed mine all the time after the second motor was painted and put in it.just be carefull around the idm and dont spray a hot turbo.itll dry off when you drive it

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe on a 95 I wouldn't be so worried .. the 6.0 has electronics , connectors , sensors everywhere

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
so doesnt a 95.they have rubber seals in all the connectors for a reason....to keep water out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14