Cleaning the Intercooler

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I have been thinking of cleaning the intercooler since I put the CCV mod on but I am wondering if it is worth it. Do you get much juck out? I just pulled the top hose and it only had about 2 drops in it and the tube and turbo monifold were nice and clean. I am starting to think that most of the oil that got in the intercooler has since been blown through. If it is worth cleaning, how long does it take to remove and install?

Fire Rooster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is a lot of work for little gain. The intake system will eventually clean itself out. I took mine out and cleaned it all up. I advise unless you are really bored to just leave it alone. Such a pain to reassemble

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We(Wife & I) removed the Intercooler,tubes,boots and may have had at the most a couple hours included the thorough internal/external cleaning.

There was enough oil residue contained within worthy of getting out for sure :sweet

The engine seemed to have abit more pep to it after the cleanout,our opinion is it was worth the small time taken to knock it out :cowboy:

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58