Clutch goes to the floor

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just babied it home after planning my route carefully and sliding it into gear when the speed was right. Pushed the clutch in and it went all the way to the floor. Slave res is full. Any suggestions?? Electrical part works still as I had to start out in 1st gear when I had to stop all the way.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume it's the clutch master cylinder and order one so I can get it here faster. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. $95 plus tax from the dealer.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Possibly, but most likely your clutch fork collapsed. Been there done that. Pull the slave cyl out of the bell housing, be careful not to let the push rod fall out (if it hasn't already) flash light will tell you for sure.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
how many miles? I'll guess 120*** springs come out of the disc and at that point you need a new clutch when it happened to me I went with the LUK and love it lighter pedal with higher clamp load.And to save your question you do not have dual mass flywheel!
Above post might be correct but I believe they went to the newer fork in 2000-2001

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hitting 200K but I have already put two clutches in it due to fuel leaks in the valley so the stock one is long gone. I need to check and see if a new fork was provided with either of them. One was a Zoom.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
if you take it easy on the clutch it will dry out after a fuel leak been there done that takes about 1500 miles or so. I got 130*** on orig. clutch and now I'm flirting with 250***.

Last edited:

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It dried out some but towing my boat (around 6500# dry) it would slip when I got on it some. The one in it now is a Zoom Ceramic. I'm pretty sure the fork has been replaced.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zoom ZVT Ceramic clutch that's in it now came with a revised fork and pivot so I'm thinking that would be good still. Master cylinder arrives tomorrow afternoon so I'll swap that and see what happens. Probably time for a new one anyways at 200K.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found my problem. Never noticed any fluid anywhere at all. Res is still full. How does the line to the slave cylinder supposed to be attached to the bottom of the clutch master cylinder? As I pulled the slave cylinder to check it (it and the fork seem fine) the whole line came down on me. Can't believe it just pops in there.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track