Question Clutch???????

txrdnek

2000 F-250 7.3L 4WD
Reaction score
HEY ALL. I AM FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF. I HAVE 2000 F250 7.3L WITH THE 6 SPEED MANUAL. I HAVE HAD 2 CLUTCHES PUT IN IT IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. 1ST ONE I PAID FOR OF COURSE THE 2ND WAS REPLACED WARRANTY. BUT NOW ITS DOING IT AGAIN. IT HOPS THE BACK WHEELS AS YOU LET OUT THE CLUTCH. IT FEELS LIKE THE FLY WHEEL IS WORPED. WHEN THEY PUT THE 2ND CLUTCH IN THEY SAID THE THROW OUT BARRING WAS GONE AND WALLARD OUT THE CLUTCH. THEY SAID THEY WON'T WARRANTY IT AGAIN BECAUSE ITS MY ERROR.
COME ON A THROW OUT BARRING IN 6,000 MILES. I DON'T CARE HOW BAD YOU RIDE THE CLUTCH IT ISN'T GOING OUT THAT QUICK. PLUS I DON'T EVEN PULL ANYTHING.
I HAD A 2002 DODGE DULLY I PULLED A 28FT CAMPER WITH ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE CLUTCH. IT ISN'T ME.
HE IS REPLACING WITH OEM PARTS AND SAYS HE HAS NEVER HAD A CLUTCH COME BACK.
WHAT THE HELL IS CAUSING THIS?:rant

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Clutch

Did they send the flywheel out to be checked for runout? Where there any heat spots on it? Do they know what there doing? This is a simple repair and you shouldn't have to pay a cent after the first time!!! :rant

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
x2 on the flywheel. It should be resurfaced every time a clutch is replaced. If not, it will cause chatter, or rear wheel hop.

txrdnek

2000 F-250 7.3L 4WD
Reaction score
Thanks

i assume he did on the flywheel but I don't know for sure. He knows what he's doing I think he was recommended. the other thing will this cause the throw out bearing issue too. Throw out bearing even abused should last good while i think.
I also heard something about the OEM dual flywheel to get rid of it????

Last edited:

ghoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it has been several years, but at the last shop I worked at we saw a few 2 piece flywheels cause problems like you are listing. I think ford might have gone away with the 2 piece since then (not sure). Definately go to a one piece if you currently have a dual mass flywheel.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
HEY ALL. I AM FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF. I HAVE 2000 F250 7.3L WITH THE 6 SPEED MANUAL. I HAVE HAD 2 CLUTCHES PUT IN IT IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. 1ST ONE I PAID FOR OF COURSE THE 2ND WAS REPLACED WARRANTY. BUT NOW ITS DOING IT AGAIN. IT HOPS THE BACK WHEELS AS YOU LET OUT THE CLUTCH. IT FEELS LIKE THE FLY WHEEL IS WORPED. WHEN THEY PUT THE 2ND CLUTCH IN THEY SAID THE THROW OUT BARRING WAS GONE AND WALLARD OUT THE CLUTCH. THEY SAID THEY WON'T WARRANTY IT AGAIN BECAUSE ITS MY ERROR.
COME ON A THROW OUT BARRING IN 6,000 MILES. I DON'T CARE HOW BAD YOU RIDE THE CLUTCH IT ISN'T GOING OUT THAT QUICK. PLUS I DON'T EVEN PULL ANYTHING.
I HAD A 2002 DODGE DULLY I PULLED A 28FT CAMPER WITH ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE CLUTCH. IT ISN'T ME.
HE IS REPLACING WITH OEM PARTS AND SAYS HE HAS NEVER HAD A CLUTCH COME BACK.
WHAT THE HELL IS CAUSING THIS?:rant

if you're hopping the back wheels as you let out the clutch, you are whoopin' on it..

most likely it is clutch chatter and can be caused by a variety of things, not to mention your flywheel, but most likely it's a bad pressure plate..

these trucks and bolt-action transmissions don't like just every brand clutch out there.. but I'd feel comfortable with OEM parts in my bellhousing..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's purdy well agreed upon by many here on SDD, the whole OEM clutch (mainly the throw-out bearing) assembly is, by design, in a word, Chincy.. as compared to whats available out there, from the aftermarket companies.

If they are not going to Warranty this one.. Bite the Bullet and get a REAL clutch assembly. Yul do it Once.. and be Done with it.

I went with a LUK, 4-5 years ago.. and have jerked a 12K pound 5r.. all over this country, no problems.

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64