Help Needed code P1211....

atk

Reaction score
have a truck at work(99 F-550 7.3L standard)....this code keeps coming up....need to try and get this fixed tomorrow. problem is, i am suppose to have this fixed asap(boses orders, in between doing my other jobs)....any idea`s so i can pin-point this problem quickly....

P1211-injection control pressure high/low

thanks for any help....

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the truck start ok.could be a faulty icp sensor or like you stated a sticking ipr valve.

JRJ04

Reaction score
ICP Sensor would be my guess. Replace it with the updated sensor and new pigtail wiring as well.

If not that, then check the connection on the IPR...it could be soaked in oil and going bad.

atk

Reaction score
update.... did already replace ICP. truck does start fine, but did have a chance to(about 10 minutes, busy fixing plows today) take truck for a test drive again. the truck stalled and would not restart right away. finally got it back to shop, checked codes and CPS code came up, along with P1211. so i guess it will have to wait till Monday....

guess i will putting a CPS on it too....

JRJ04

Reaction score
pickup screen inside the tank could be plugged....does it stumble when you get on it?

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cps

ford had a recall on the cps,take it to the dealer and get a new one 4 free

atk

Reaction score
pulled IPR today, cleaned it up, put it back in and so far code hasn`t returned. yes i know about recall on CPS. appearantly this is the fourth CPS put in this truck....

still may have a problem, but will have to wait till roads clear up and do some WOT runs....

JRJ04

Reaction score
ford had a recall on the cps,take it to the dealer and get a new one 4 free

To rule out the cps...make sure you have a black one in there. Ford replaced it with a grey one and they have been known to cause the motor to be out of balance and fail a cylinder contribution test. I had that issue with mine, went and bought a black one made by borg warner, and no more problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr