Computer chip for 2008 Ford 6.4L diesel

Rtaylor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a computer chip on a 2008 Ford diesel, if so what was the result?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go on to SCT web page they have a video of two 08's at the track. One of them is stock and the other has a SCT programmer on it. There is a write up on it. Sorry couldn't be any more help. Hope to have one soon.

crossfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2008 6.4 Mileage

Hi Everyone,
I just signed up today and excited to hear about all your Powerstrokes out there. I have a 2005 F350 Harley Davidson that is a lease and I have to decide before May, if I want to buy it out or take a new one. My 6.0 litre will give me about 18-20 mpg, depending on how I drive. In the summer, I pull a 37' holiday trailer with a 19' sport boat behind and my mileage is about 9-10 mpg. This is per Imperial gallon which is 4.5 litres as opposed to the US gallon which is 3.8 litres. Can someone please shed some light on what they are getting for mileage on the 6.4 Powerstroke at either highway speeds or towing?
Thanks,
Curtis

Last edited:

whipittire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curtis there is a whole thread on milage for the 6.4 and its not pretty. i get 11.4 mpg us.

jgrreed

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just signed up today and excited to hear about all your Powerstrokes out there. I have a 2005 F350 Harley Davidson that is a lease and I have to decide before May, if I want to buy it out or take a new one. My 6.0 litre will give me about 18-20 mpg, depending on how I drive. In the summer, I pull a 37' holiday trailer with a 19' sport boat behind and my mileage is about 9-10 mpg. This is per Imperial gallon which is 4.5 litres as opposed to the US gallon which is 3.8 litres. Can someone please shed some light on what they are getting for mileage on the 6.4 Powerstroke at either highway speeds or towing?
Thanks,
Curtis

Hi Curtis,

I get around 8-9MPG (UK/Can) pulling my 25' fifth-wheel, or my gooseneck flatdeck, or my sled trailer. I get about 11 to 13mpg completely empty. I do have a lift, but my friends without lifts get the same. Bottom line, the new engines with the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is horrible on fuel. I'm looking into the turbo-back DPF delete kits. I spoke with Diesel Performance in Calgary today and they were very helpful. They've done Chevy's and Dodge's with good success, but no Ford's yet. Doing a mod that big is worrisome, but so is global warming, and so is my wallet draining due to this *****e mileage and 1.29/L diesel (ya, that's 4.88/US Gallon)!!! Take care Man,
-J.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58