Question Congress Created Dust Bowl?

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This last weekend I took a trip to San Diego from Manteca about 440 miles one way. I noticed alot of signs reading "Congress Created Dust Bowl" off of interstate 5 on fields with nothing growing on them. This is my first trip down to the LA area in while because I have been stuck in the office. But I was just wondering if any of you guys have heard anything about this? I read a little bit but I was curious if anybody had some insite that was not from the right of left wing media. I dont mean for this to get political just curious to get info.

Last edited:

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I saw that on my trip a few weeks ago too. I think it has something to do with water rationing from the aquaduct

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I heard a report that it had to do with closing off some water system that farmers used to irrigate their fields. It was all about saving some poor little minnow.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've seen those signs too on Hwy 5 but the forecast is for an El Niño this winter which usually means copious amounts of rain. Let's hope.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read someting about the owners of FIJI water having some kind of control over Calif water. But I'm on the east coast so I'm clueless about that state :D

Very good read, cause personally I don't think any one person or entity should have any control over water. Specially if it's to save some damm minnow over human beings. 99% of all species that have ever been on this planet are extinct anyway. Who are we to play GOD?

IMHO

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I heard a report that it had to do with closing off some water system that farmers used to irrigate their fields. It was all about saving some poor little minnow.

yup thats a BIG part of the problem, I cant believe they turned off the pumps and posted armed persons to keep them turned off

gotta love it :rant

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup thats a BIG part of the problem, I cant believe they turned off the pumps and posted armed persons to keep them turned off

gotta love it :rant

The state of California is bankrupt but they can pay armed guards to keep people who need water from getting it to save some minnows. Any where but California that would make no sense at all.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen those signs too on Hwy 5 but the forecast is for an El Niño this winter which usually means copious amounts of rain. Let's hope.

I hope you are right.

Dave ;tu

Me 3

I live right in the middle of it all. It's ALL Politics & Money guyz.

He, She or any Group (Tree/Fish hugger types) who has the political pull & clout.. to influence anything to do with WATER.. In California ?

Controls California and it's Agriculture.

Throw in "Fair Trade Agreements", *Family and Agri Conglomerate owned "Water Rights" (?) (which are becoming a.. For Sale.. commodity).... you can take it from there.

Yer right, It's a Congress (State & Fed) Created Dust Bowl

* One big Farming/Ranching Conglomerate.. from a SF Bay Area High Rise.. has expressed an interest to plow down 2500 acres of CenCal Almond trees, then "Sell" those [Central Cal] water rights to X amount of acre feet of Agri-irrigation water, to the [Southern Cal] Water resources folks... for 77 MILLON dollars. Go Figure :dunno

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
tree huggers or not, is there not a drought out there? hasn't it been for a while?
seems that is the biggest cause of it. then cutting quotas to save the delta smelt which would keep the bay delta from crashing- that got people pissed off.

if you gave Cali-no-gun-for-you all the water in the world, would it be enough? I think that they would still cry for more.

dennis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track