Conversion

henryk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any help. I bought my super duty 250 three years ago and now have 104K miles on it. It was an Az. truck and I love the 7.3 engine. I bought it to haul firewood so it has the regular cab and long box. Now I don't need to haul firewood any more and would love to have the seats that can be reclined and the extra space the extended cab affords. Not interested in the crew cab. So...I figure better the devil you know and before trading this truck off I want to get opinions as to how difficult it would be or if it is even possible to boy an extended cab and 6 3/4' box and install them on the chassis I now have? I know one issues would be the fuel filler pipe having to be relocated further aft. I don't even know if I would have to downgrade from my 38 gallon tank to the 26. Would all the existing wiring harness plug into the extended cab and box? Would my doors fit the extended cab? The fenders should be fine, right? What haven't I considered? Thanks, Hank

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Is the extended cab longer than the standard cab by the same amount as the long bed is longer than the short bed? If it is, than the factory parts, or replacements, should fit. This sounds a lot more complicated than just swapping the cab and bed. You have noted one problem,; the fuel filler and there are many others. You would be better off buying an extended cab with a short bed. They are all over.

Dave :dunno

henryk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dave: thank you. You may well be correct. Once upon a time I swapped cabs on my 76 F150. Big job. Boxes are easy. I just hoped that with the "plug and play" cannon plugs Ford seems to use a lot of today that it would be easier. Anyone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14