Coolant hose Y fitting broken

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having coolant go missing for about 6 months. I thought it was EGR problems but never had any white smoke to show nor found any pooling of coolant. Never had coolant in the oil etc... So the problem seemed a mystery. Had to put 2 gallons of coolant in the truck on Halloween and today I noticed a coolant smell when stopped at my parents house after church. I opened the hood to find a leak under the Degas bottle in the Y connector. The connector is actually plastic which is original and brittle, that connects the large hose on the bottom of the degas bottle and a 3/4" heater hose to about a 1" hose that goes on down to the radiator.

I need a part number for the plastic Y connector and if anyone knows where to order online. I would prefer to replace it with a brass Y.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Dorman. They have a lot of hose fittings. Ill look tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that last night in another Ford Online website. That doesn't look like my setup. I bought a galvanized Tee 1"x1"x3/4" this morning with 3 hose bibs to connect the hoses back. I have called the Stealership and they have the hose assembly in stock for $68.77 with the short elbow hose and the lower hose. I think I'm going with the stealership since I will be replacing the hoses as well. With 104K on the clock, I probably need new hoses anyway.

The tee and bibs I bought would work and not wear out but I would be afraid of the rust and the weight of the connection.

I could've had one braised up from brass but just didn't have time. Truck is down on the farm and needs to be working again.

Glad it happened at home and not on the way to the cabin in the Smokies next month.

Last edited:

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the Stealership which I will now refer to as the DEALERSHIP as I think I came out well in the exchange, my money for their parts. Part number 5C3Z*8075*CB hose assembly $63.89. It came with the hoses attached to the plastic Y fitting with hose clamps locked open but attached to the hose in the proper position. After taking the Airaid box out and with some long needle nose pliers, the old clamp was released and a good twist and tug brought the old hose off.

A slight mist of silicone spray on inside end of the new hose and it slipped right on the hose bib. Click it was on and locked. Took all total about 30 minutes to install and put everything back in place.

Oh yea, picked up the Motorcraft Premium Gold Coolant for $16.24 per gallon which is less than what I've paid for the Zerex G05 at the local parts house.

So far driven 15. Miles and no leaks. The Y fitting had been slowly draining my degas tank. Thanks for all input. ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64