Cosmetic updates w/pics

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Well,
I finally had a chance to do some cosmetic work on the truck. I painted the following: rear bumper caps, tailgate handle, door handles, F350 badges, Ford badges, steps, wheel wells, grille, lower front bumper section(air dam?), and tinted the rear tail lights and rear cab light with VHT nights shades paint.

I removed the Powerstoke badges and 4X4 stickers.

The process i used was pretty simple.

1. Taped everything off. this was by far the most time consuming part.
2. Lightly sanded with some fine 180 sand paper.
3. Cleaned with wax and tar remover.
4. Sprayed Bullydog Adhesion promoter
5. 3 coats of Rustoleum textured black paint(some of you may not like this look, but i wanted a flat black look. not something you see everyday)

I used Duplicolor's spray-in bedliner on the wheel wells and step pads.
Here are some before and after pics.
First day i got the truck about a year ago now. I'd say it's come along way!!
sizeimage.php

Now
sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

Here is a comparison pic of the steps.
sizeimage.php

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it so far. I think my truck has a lot more personality to it now and it's amazing to just keep watching it change!!

Next on the list is 03-10 dodge smoked cab lights. Recon told me the harness is identical so we'll see when they get here. I went with those cause in my opinion, the Ford ones kinda look like warts on the cab.:D

Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on this stuff.:sweet

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I know what you mean about the cab lights. I put the Dodge lights on mine too. :eek:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look'n Good Clint ;tu

Yer right.. it doesn't look like the same truck.. as compared to a year ago. Has it's own personality

Joe

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics with them on my current '05 and also on my '99 (RIP).

071.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

CopyofIMG_4100.jpg

View from the top (only pic I had from that angle was after the tree hit it!

IMG_5673.jpg

Last edited:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I like the look of those much better. Much more sleek and dont stick up a mile high. So i'm guessing a tree fell on your 99'? Did you just transfer those onto your 05'?

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, actually two trees fell on it at elk hunting camp during 60+ mph wind gusts. Luckily it didn't take out my 5er too. I was able to salvage 3 of the 5 lights and picked up two replacements to finish off the set for the '05.

How do you like Bossier City? I spent my last 18 months in the USAF at the base there circa 1982-1983.

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good Clint. How do you like that that Duplicolor liner? My uncel told me about it...has kevlar and much more durable than the other diy liners.

And are those tires A/T or M/T? I remember we talked about them before. If those are A/T, they are some of the most agressive ones I've seen

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Yes, actually two trees fell on it at elk hunting camp during 60+ mph wind gusts. Luckily it didn't take out my 5er too. I was able to salvage 3 of the 5 lights and picked up two replacements to finish off the set for the '05.

How do you like Bossier City? I spent my last 18 months in the USAF at the base there circa 1982-1983.

I'm stationed at Barksdale right now. I love the area, but i stay away from shreveport. things are just too unpredictable over there. you can end up in the wrong nieghborhood real quick if you aint careful. plus, being from Arkansas, its close to home. what did you do in while you were in?

Looks pretty good Clint. How do you like that that Duplicolor liner? My uncel told me about it...has kevlar and much more durable than the other diy liners.

And are those tires A/T or M/T? I remember we talked about them before. If those are A/T, they are some of the most agressive ones I've seen

They Duplicolor i used is just their basic one. Got it at Orielly's.

I think they are a cross between A/T and M/T. Tire rack list them under thier construction tire category.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a electronic tech working in the PMEL lab, calibrating and repairing test equipment and flightline support gear. Spent the first couple of years at Torrejon AB, Spain and then finished up there at Barksdale. Had some good times there, used to ride the back roads with the motorcyles and did a lot of camping and fishing at Toledo Bend. Even did some alligator hunting on the base.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58