Covered Up!!!!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
And that's a good thing.

As most of you know, things got pretty bad and slow for Bama Auto Movers about 14 months ago. Sold my F350 :(, but have made it and doing better.

Thanks to the Ford Windstar models of 1998 to 2003, we are covered up with more freight than we have had in about 3 years.

Most of you may know that Ford recalled over 570,000 Windstars due to defective rear axles (corrosion defects). We already move quite a bit of Fords Buy Backs and now we have a bunch of Windstars that we are getting hauled from the dealerships to LKQ facilities all over the country.

So for about the next 2 years, we will have a lot of Windstars to move.

Sorry if I am not able to get on much from time to time, but y'all know I love my SDD buddies and hope everyone is doing well.;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super Glad to hear you made it through the tuff times, and doing well Bama :sweet:sweet

Looks like we traded our WindStar.. just in time. Before the Recall/Buy Back.

I've often wundered what Ford would have given us for it :dunno

Yer still a part of sdd.... goes without saying.. In my book. ;tu

Joe

LKQ ?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am very glad you are doing better in the hauling business, Bama. I am always hoping to see you here!

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
:yahoo OMG give me 2 windstars! Not really. So thats a lot of windstars goin to LKQ! The ones that are still goin will have tons of parts if they last that long haha. What trucks you usin if you got rid of yer F350? East bound and Down Bama!:clint

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
And that's a good thing.

As most of you know, things got pretty bad and slow for Bama Auto Movers about 14 months ago. Sold my F350 :(, but have made it and doing better.

Thanks to the Ford Windstar models of 1998 to 2003, we are covered up with more freight than we have had in about 3 years.

Most of you may know that Ford recalled over 570,000 Windstars due to defective rear axles (corrosion defects). We already move quite a bit of Fords Buy Backs and now we have a bunch of Windstars that we are getting hauled from the dealerships to LKQ facilities all over the country.

So for about the next 2 years, we will have a lot of Windstars to move.

Sorry if I am not able to get on much from time to time, but y'all know I love my SDD buddies and hope everyone is doing well.;tu

that's what you get when you make the axles in Galesburg, MI.
(the plant is about three miles from the house)..
during the day, there was about three acres of steel tubing sitting outside on racks waiting for assembly

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
great news :clap:
stay busy

i had no idea them windstars were being bought back???
i have to get out more ;)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
:yahoo OMG give me 2 windstars! Not really. So thats a lot of windstars goin to LKQ! The ones that are still goin will have tons of parts if they last that long haha. What trucks you usin if you got rid of yer F350? East bound and Down Bama!:clint

Well, I sold all of my 10-car carriers and sold my F350. I am a licensed auto transport broker, so we move cars by way of other carriers.

My current daily driver is a 1997 Chevy Xcab. It's not a Ford, but it was cheap and gets me around just fine.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So does that mean a new Super Duty is in your future?

Nope, gotta keep the overhead down. Still got a few things I am working on getting paid off.

I had to give back my 2007 Peterbilt in 2009, so I have a nice little payment that goes out each month to pay off the balance after it was re-sold.

I don't really NEED another diesel pick-up, but I would really like to HAVE another one some day.

I miss the sound of that diesel engine.:D

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
So I assume you make more money goin through other people than usin your own stuff?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58