Question Crank over to start

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have been noticing is it been taking me longer to start when the engine is up to temp. First thing in the morning it will fire off right away with just a half a crank, no smoke and purrs like a kitten. But after it has been shut down for a short time, say like go in to a store and get a coffee and come out to restart. It will crank over about 10 times to start back up, does not smoke or anything that seems to be a problem. Truck has 75,000 miles on it and it does not matter if I change the oil or not. Its just when the truck was new it would only take a half a crank to fire off any time I started cold or hot. Just wondering if there is something that is going to be a problem or is there something I can fix to get back that tap the key and fire off .Or let sleeping dogs lay P.S. it just got two new batteries new starter and a new alternator that is 200 amps and no change

And thank you for taking the time to read this

Dave Bednarik

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it Dave. Mine will do the same thing occasionally. Always has. Fires up in 3-5 licks Cold.. after a Full GP cycle. [Sometimes], 6-8licks Warm...

We're headed into the Winter Blend Diesel too = less BTU's.

Just keep an eye on things ?

Maybe run a good Dose of Power Service thru it ? To raise the Cetain level.. if that helps.. it's probably the Winter Blend.

My .03 ?

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64