Creaking like a old hay wagon

dmd

Reaction score
What needs to be lubed in the front end, even getting in and out of teh truck the front creaks. Sprayed the springs, but that didnt help.

If nobody has ideas, I will go under with some silicone and spray things until it stops.

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing. I thought it was my new sway bar bushing, so I took them off and lubed them w/ Lithium grease. No help -mad . I put my back in the fenderwell and pushed up and down with my legs and found out the squeak was coming were the springs attach to the frame. I silicone sprayed them to death. :D No more grandma's rockin' chair. -popcorn

Car_nut57

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 96 years ago. Mine was caused by the rivets in the cross members working loose. Ford finally drilled them out and replaced them with bolts as I recall. The truck was used for heavy towing and off-road 4x4 and would creek and mone badly until the rivets were replaced. Have not had any of these sorts of issues with the 2001.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
are the "pads" still on the ends of your springs? they fell out on my truck and had to be replaced, no amount of monkey pee will keep that squeaking (from personal experience)

good luck finding a phantom squeak can be a pain

dmd

Reaction score
Pads looked OK... So I just sprayed the leaf attachment to the frame points and it is quiet now. Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58